
Well as most of you know Brandi and I have been trying to have kids for a while now. We found out we were pregnant on December 23rd, and it was the best Christmas present I think I could have ever hoped for. Now the more I think of it I feel like the kid from Home Alone. "Holy cow", I know nothing about being a parent or a father. So since I figured my wife will tell you about all the technical stuff about our pregnancy, I am going to tell you all the things that scare me to death. Starting with.....
#64. How do you even hold a newborn baby? I have to admit I have only held one while sitting down and having someone place the baby in my hands. How am I to be expected to do anything else when i do not even know the most basic of things about babies.


From a mom who has seen you with my children... you have nothing to worry about! The instinct to love and care for your child is so unique and strong and it will just happen. Without planning or practice you will just love this baby! I am so excited to be able to see you both become parents. You are wonderful with children who aren't your own... Just imagine what it will be like!
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to holding babies, there's only one rule... don't drop it. You get that one down, you'll be alright.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, guys! You will make wonderful parents.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, the pregnancy goes faster than you can even imagine :)
(Love the blog, btw. Is it a boy?)
This is Mark. I think you should indeed be very scared. If you weren't at least a little nervous, I would wonder about you. Personally, I would worry less about HOLDING the baby and more about how you avoid your child going number one or two on your carpet, leg, face, or food. Hope you have great reflexes.
ReplyDeleteWe can not find out the sex of the baby till 18-20 weeks(or 4-5 months). I think we are both assumeing that it is a boy. I am not sure why that is but from my side I think it is wishful thinking.
ReplyDelete