Why did I not post at all last weekend.... that's because TJ and I headed down to Birmingham Alabama to visit our good friends Jason, Casey and baby Connor for the long Memorial Day weekend. TJ had to travel to Atlanta for work so I flew down to meet him on Thursday. This was the first time I had ever flown by myself and it was Carter's first trip on an airplane too. Thankfully the flight was really easy and I was able to figure out where I needed to go to meet Jason at the airport with no problems.
During our trip down south I discovered that I have a new love - ice cold sugary tea. We have only been back for two days and I swear that all I have wanted to drink since we have been back home in Michigan is that darn tea! It is probably a really good thing that I can't get my hands on that tasty drink anymore because I would weigh a thousand pounds. I think Carter misses it too because he would kick up a storm every time I drank the sweet tea!
We had such a great weekend with the Greb family....we laughed alot, ate more than we should have (seriously they have amazing food down south - tasty fried foods, barbecue, Sonic diet cherry limeades, pecan pie...just to name a few)and relaxed at night playing Rummikub and Partini. The weather was trying to not cooperate at times but TJ and Jason were able to get a round of golf in and on Sunday we were able to enjoy the sunny afternoon at the pool. Spending five days with eight month old Connor was so much fun - he is such an adorable, smiley, playful little guy. TJ and I can't wait till Carter is here so he can meet Connor - I have a feeling that those two little boys will good friends in the near future.
Thanks again Jason and Casey for your incredible hospitality and for making the extremely long trip to Atlanta to pick us up and take us back to the airport. We appreciate it so much! You guys are the best - can't wait to see you again in July!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thanks for coming to visit!! We had such a great time. We can't wait to visit and July and are super excited to meet Baby Carter!! We miss you guys already!
ReplyDeleteI love sweet tea too....but down here you just ask for tea. After almost a year I've finally learned. Now I'm learning the word "soda". You look great! What is rummikub and partini?
ReplyDeleteMy drink of choice when i was pregnant with Dominic was root beer which is funny because I don't like root beer. I would wake up in the morning and go right for a 20oz.
ReplyDeleteMcCallister's has excellent sweet tea and you can buy it by the gallon!