I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday but haven't had a chance to update the blog until now. Everything is going pretty good with Carter and myself but he did decide to be a trouble maker while I was there.
My blood pressure was on the high side (138/94) so they are going to keep an eye on that especially since I am having really bad swelling of my feet and ankles - good news was that I did not have any protein in my urine so I don't have any signs yet of preeclampsia.
I was given a prescription for heartburn medicine and it is making a world of difference. I really wish I would have asked for something long before now. It has been so nice to not have heartburn 24/7 especially since Tums was no longer working.
I hadn't felt Carter move all morning so the doctor was a little concerned and tried to get Carter to move for him. Of course he was being a stinker and wasn't going to cooperate for the doctor either. Dr. T was able to find Carter's heartbeat right away and it was nice and strong at 161 bpm, but decided that he wanted me to get monitored for half an hour to make sure that everything was okay. I had a Fetal Non-Stress Test done which involves attaching one belt to the my stomach to measure fetal heart rate and another belt to measure contractions. Movement, heart rate and “reactivity” of heart rate to movement is measured for 20-30 minutes. In the end everything was fine and Carter's heartbeat was strong and I wasn't having any contractions. I think Carter decided to act up because his Dad wasn't there at the appointment!
I also was asked to have a follow up appointment with my urologist at U of M (yes, my stupid bladder is still giving me problems to this day even though the botched surgery was almost two years ago). I have been having some issues that my OB would like my urologist to know about and also wanted to get his opinion on having a c-section in order to prevent any further damage that childbirth could cause to my bladder. I am willing to do whatever is needed for my health and Carter's even if that means surgery again. I am actually leaving for that appointment in a few minutes so I will update the blog when I get back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment