CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 22, 2009

No Diabetes for Me!

I am so happy to write that I passed my three hour gestational diabetes test!! I have actually known since Saturday but I wanted to wait until I got the confirmation from my doctor that I actually passed before I shared the good news. The girls at the lab and my nurse were all pretty sure I was going to fail the three hour since my hour hour level was so high. I'm so glad to prove them wrong!

The following are the values which the American Diabetes Association considers to be abnormal during the 100 g of glucose OGTT:

Fasting blood glucose level ≥95 mg/dl (5.33 mmol/L)
1 hour blood glucose level ≥180 mg/dl (10 mmol/L)
2 hour blood glucose level ≥155 mg/dl (8.6 mmol/L)
3 hour blood glucose level ≥140 mg/dl (7.8 mmol/L)

My results were:
Fasting blood glucose level = 71
1 hour blood glucose level = 171
2 hour blood glucose level = 135
3 hour blood glucose level = 113

The first two hours of the three hour test were pretty rough - I spent my time trying not to throw the lovely glucose drink up and sleeping on TJ. I was finally able to read and listen to music during the last hour. I have some lovely bruises from the four blood draws but it was all worth it to know that both Carter and I are okay. Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes - it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment