Well I got the results back yesterday afternoon regarding my one hour glucose tolerance test and I FAILED....failed bad. The nurse said that any level over 130 is not good and you have to go on to take the three hour glucose tolerance test to further test you for gestational diabetes.
Guess what my level was?? 191, that's 61 points higher than it "should" be. I am going to take the three hour test next Saturday - I have to do a special diet three days before and then I have to sit in the lab for three hours so I want to do it on a morning where I won't miss work. I'm trying to be optimistic that I will pass the three hour but I have a feeling that I won't. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sorry you failed your one-hour, keep us posted on your three-hour results. I have lots of good tips if you end up having gestational diabetes. It's really not too bad, mostly about food timing and getting the right number of carbs. I could even eat ice cream (Slim-a-Bear low-carb bars) and chocolate (those Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares)!
ReplyDeleteI also had to do the three hour test but it turned out fine. Just know that SOMETIMES it doesn't result in gestational diabetes... For me it just resulted in 9 pound babies! Keep me posted... You look GREAT!
ReplyDeleteLes