CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Nursery Progress

What a busy weekend my mom and I had with shopping, decorating and painting. Friday morning my mom started patching a few repairs in the walls and preparing the room so we could paint first thing on Saturday. Saturday morning we started painting - I just did the easy trim sections and my mom did all of the rolling. It turned out so good - the color is just perfect.

Sunday we took all the tape off, finished cleaning and got to the fun part, the decorating! On Friday night we made these cute little sports theme shadow boxes (thanks Casey for letting me copy your idea!)which turned out amazing. So we hung the shadow boxes, curtains (my amazing find when we were Alabama that match our bedding set) and put up the wall decal that I ordered from www.etsy.com. The wall decal is exactly what I was looking for - I wanted something above Carter's crib that would take up a good amount of space on the wall. After a great deal of searching online I found a woman that makes wall decals with special sayings, hence the one we choose. It says "Our little miracle" which I think speaks volumes for our situation. Carter is truly mine and TJ's little miracle (I'm sitting her tearing up as I write this).

The pictures really don't do the room or furniture justice but it gives you a rough idea what the room looks like so far. All we need now is the bedding which I was assured yesterday was shipped from Pottery Barn Kids (it had been on back-order the last 6 weeks) and the recliner rocking chair we are going to order.

A big thank you to my mom for all of her help this weekend putting Carter's nursery together and for weeding and planting our flower beds. I had planned to help her finish everything up on Monday but ended up having a horrible bout of 24 hour flu (I was really scared that morning/all day sickness was starting for me in the third trimester). Fingers crossed that it was just a random episode of sickness. Love you Mom!!

Let me know what you think of Carter's room - the theme I was going for was blue stripes with a subtle hint of sports.





Those are little footballs on the ends of the curtain rods - kinda hard to tell here.




This is what Carter's bedding looks like:

1 comment: